In November 2011 a study was conducted to quantify the waste generated by Gadbrook Park.
The data from this study was sent to different waste companies (in a non-business specific
summary format) and they were asked to write a proposal for managing this waste.
The aim of the project was to rationalise waste management contractors across Gadbrook Park, in order to
deliver benefits such as reduced waste disposal costs for companies, reduced number of waste vehicles
accessing the Gadbrook Park and environmental improvements such as less waste going to landfill.
A number of companies responded with service offerings that have significant economic and environmental
benefits to businesses operating on Gadbrook Park. One of these offerings has been selected and approved
by the Business Improvement District Executive Board and is now available to all businesses on Gadbrook
Park. It was noted that a number of companies are tied into existing waste contracts so this offering has
been made available for the foreseeable future to ensure all businesses can benefit from reduced rates going
The benefits to businesses are:
- Average disposal costs have been reduced by 43%
- Each company will still have an individual contract with the waste provider that meets their business needs
- There is the provision of General Waste and Dry Mixed Recycling (DMR) that can include materials such as cardboard, paper, plastic, metal cans and glass
- A range of containers are available to suite small and large businesses. Indoor containers for the collection of recyclable materials can also be provided
- Collections will be on Mondays and Thursdays (5am – 5.30am) to remove any traffic issues.
- Additional collections can be arranged if required
- The environmental impact of transport is minimised by using local depots and bio-diesel vehicles
- 80% of General Waste processed by the service provider currently avoids landfill, this figure is targeted to be 100% in 2014 through the use of a Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) plant
For more information on how you can take up this service please contact Mike Kelly Estate Manager on:
Tel: 01606 723 175 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org