The weather was kind allowing a great turn out for the annual Gadbrook Park” Bike to Work Day” supported and sponsored by the BID. In total there were 91 participants an increase of 20 over last year.
The main organiser of the event who cycled in on a tandem from Appleton with his wife Angela was Stephen Hall the MD of HMD.
Stephen arranged for Richard from “WILD BIKES” based in Stockton Heath to display a range of magnificent bikes beneath a gazebo at Arabica.
At the park entrance every cyclist and one or two peckish pedestrians supplied with packs of biscuits and cakes by Mike Roberts of Roberts Bakery. The surplus packs went onto be donated to the Red Cross in Winsford.
All cyclists also had a voucher for a breakfast and free entry into a prize draw.
Special Thanks to the following…….
- Stephen Hall, from HMD for organising the day with such enthusiasm.
- Arabica staff for the usual good humour and excellent service.
- Richard from Wild Bikes for giving up his day to help us and provide free advice.
- Mike Roberts from Roberts Bakery for the gifts.
- Alpha Omega guards for stewarding.
- Fifield Glyn for allowing the gazebo to be erected on the forecourt of Arabica.
SPECIAL THANKS to all who participated, we are considering including pedestrians next year many of whom come smiling through the underpass.
The draw for the prizes was undertaken at Arabica and Jo drew the following winners.
- First prize a bike valued at £500 plus, Mr DAN BOWEN of Barclays (see picture attachment)
- Second prize, a riding helmet, Mr FERNANDO DURAN of ICHRON
- Third prize, set of lights., Mrs ANGELA HALL of HMD.